XII. Positive Development Through the Life Stages
- The majority of childcare slots are located within the city of Cortland as are the majority of places of employment (Table PD-1).
- The rate of children in foster care in Cortland County is considerably higher than that for upstate NY (Table PD-5).
- The rate of Cortland County’s children living below poverty is high compared to upstate NY (Table PD-6).
- Fewer high school graduates from Cortland County intend to enroll in college compared to those from upstate NY or NYS, but the trend for Cortland is shifting in a positive direction (Table PD-7).
- More students in this county drop out of high school than is average in upstate NY (Table PD-9).
- Cortland County has one of the highest rates of Persons In Need of Supervision (PINS) cases in the state (Table PD-10).